[dev] wmii as a prepatched dwm (Was: segfault)

From: a.l.e <ale.comp_06_AT_xox.ch>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 09:13:47 +0200

hi,
> Also, I applied the 'pertag' patch and maybe another one that I can't
> remember right now. How can I diff my local version against tip? Sorry am
> more of a git user.

this is the main reason why i prefer wmii to dwm: i don't want to keep
track of versions of dwm and of the patches i have applied.

since wmii seems to be on a dead path, i would welcome if somebody would
create and maintain a dwm branch which would offer the same features as
wmii (for a GUI user... so no need for exotic scripting) but in a more
"suckless" way (at least: dynamic tags; d, m and f views...)

i'm already too much involved in free software and i won't start such a
project myself... but if somebody is wondering if he should or not, well
there is at least one user who would appreciate it!

ciao
a.l.e