Re: [dev] [dwm] sloppy focus

From: garbeam <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 06:51:22 +0100

Am 04.07.2011 03:11 schrieb "Connor Lane Smith" <cls_AT_lubutu.com>:
> I don't know about all you, but I find dwm's sloppy focus can be
> really annoying at times -- focusing a window when I accidentally
> nudge my atrophying pointer -- and would rather click-to-focus. The
> great thing about dropping dwm's sloppy focus is it saves 20 lines of
> code! So how about we make dwm less mousy and a bit simpler, too?

No I totally disagree. Click to focus makes the life uneccessary harder.
Doing this just for the rare corner case of touching your pointing device by
accident doesn't sound like a very sound reason for it.

Also there are chances your patch doesn't cover all cases for click to focus
behavior correctly. In my impression the proper way would increase LOC
overall. But I need to do a detailed look at it first.

I appreciate this as a patch though.

Cheers
--garbeam