Re: [dev] [dwm] sloppy focus

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 16:14:06 +0100

Interesting, those on IRC were very 'for' this idea. Different
demographics? Oh you silly ML people!

On 4 July 2011 06:51, garbeam <garbeam_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> No I totally disagree. Click to focus makes the life uneccessary harder.
> Doing this just for the rare corner case of touching your pointing device by
> accident doesn't sound like a very sound reason for it.

Well, the thing is, I don't ever use the mouse for window management,
but I sometimes move the mouse out of the way and in doing so
accidentally focus a completely different window. I personally would
rather dwm had no mouse support at all, but clearly that would be
controversial... Still, at least with click-to-focus the mouse is
completely dormant until you intentionally click something.

But apparently opinions are split on this topic!

cls