Re: [dev] [wmii] Flash in fullscreen regularly freezes screen

From: Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57_AT_fastmail.fm>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 13:22:34 +0100

On Fri, 05 Aug 2011 00:37:52 +0200
dtk <dtk_AT_gmx.de> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> putting the flash player on a website into fullscreen regularly (very
> -.-) freezes my screen.

I think it's a Linux kernel problem. I have the same with kernel 2.6.39
with an Intel 945GME, and i use WindowMaker. I can't downgrade because
then the wifi won't work. I have to kill X to recover.

On another machine with Intel GM965/GL960 video I cannot play video at
all due to the display subsystem -- whether X or the framebuffer --
getting unrecoverable problems.