Re: [dev] dwm patch: saveinfo

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 10:34:05 +0200

Hi Ladd,

On 27 August 2011 00:40, Ladd Hoffman <ladd_AT_ipdatatel.com> wrote:
> This patch enables saving tags to disk when dwm exits,
> and loading from disk on startup.
> (especially useful when you need to recompile and restart dwm.)

I think this patch seems quite useful and suggest you should add this
patch to the patches section.

See http://suckless.org/wiki/ for instructions about how to commit
your changes to the wiki.

Btw. there are other possibilities to restore the tag state than
persistation to a file. Esp. if your X was restarted your approach
could have weirdo side effects. A better way would be to store the tag
info in a property for each window in unmanage(), which is cleared
during manage() again. This would not lead to such X restart side
effects.

Thanks,
Anselm