Re: [dev] Linux sucks!

From: hiro <23hiro_AT_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 14:17:50 +0200

"Ubuntu [...] encourages the occasional foray into the terminal emulator"
It's sadly not what Ubuntu is about. And they discourage compiling
your own stuff IIRC.

I agree with some people here who say Lunix is not Lunix. Of course
it's what you make out of it.

Out of Ubuntu you can only try to make a worse Windows, but I also set
up a tinycorelinux for my mum once: It took half an hour to make a
laptop with broken disk controller boot into opera and configure opera
to use a pdf reader. Oh shit, I still have to get printing to work...
Of course I had to laugh pretty hard when google announced they will
put a lot of work in a "chrome book".