Re: [dev] what's your opinion on Go

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 15:08:00 +0100

On 12/13/11 14:54, David wrote:
> Am 13.12.2011 14:28, schrieb Corey Thomasson:
>> On 13 December 2011 08:03, Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95_AT_gmail.com
>> <mailto:svartman95_AT_gmail.com>> wrote:
>>

>> + D is the best of C and Python modulo compatibility and
>> popularity. Unlike lisp, most any programmer can read it.
>>

>> Last time I looked at D it was more like C++ plus even more
>> crap^H^H^H^Hfeatures.
> Oh dear, then take next time a closer look…
>
> Well D for earning money isn't maybe the best choise, now, there are
> still a few problems to solve, including compiler-bugs and gc issues
> (not too bad ones)! Apart from that, I realy like D, makes life easier
> and it's really a pleasure to write code in D.
if you want OO or nicer syntax like syntax sugar for regexps, etc.. i
recommend you to have a look at Vala.

lately i'm having lot of fun with luvit, a nodejs replacement with
luajit and libuv.

i had big expectations with Go, but the license sucks and it's not as
lowlevel as C so you end up having a runtime library attached to your
programs.

recently i wrote a shellcode linker in radare2, so i can get relocatable
static binaries of 120bytes of size and things like that. it's just a
Proof of concept, but works fine with gcc and llvm and supports linux,
osx and windows. OpenBSD is a bit more strict about tiny binaries.

check the last release of http://radare.org fmi. (man ragg2-cc)

--pancake