Re: [dev] stest review

From: Stephen Paul Weber <singpolyma_AT_singpolyma.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 19:34:43 -0500

Somebody claiming to be Anselm R Garbe wrote:
>I heavily dislike the fact that dmenu now contains a reference to
>getopt(). Not exactly dmenu, but stest.
>
>Can we please remove the getopt() dependency?

What does the community have against getopt() ? It certainly beats the
pants off of writing your own options parser (which almost everyone gets
wrong) and allows your tool to behave however the local system expects (more
or less).

Not trying to start a flame war, just curious.

--
Stephen Paul Weber, _AT_singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted