[dev] [dwm] Tags vs Monitors continued

From: Jan Christoph Ebersbach <jceb_AT_e-jc.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 20:44:08 +0100

Hi Thomas,
Hi everybody,

I experienced the very same difficulties with dwm's multi-monitor
support that Thomas described earlier this year. In the attached patch I
solved the problem by detaching the list of clients from the monitor.
There is just one list of clients and all tags are shared between the
monitors.

The biggest advantage in my eyes is the ability to swap tags between
monitors while every monitor still keeps its one tag(s).

It's crucial that a tag/window can't be displayed on two monitors at the
same this. The patch implements this functionality at the cost of
MODKEY-0 - it doesn't work anymore in a multi-monitor setup.

Feedback is very welcome. The patch is very fresh and I expect that a
number of corner cases won't work. Due to the large number of changes
it's very likely that the patch also breaks other patches.

https://bitbucket.org/jceb81/dwm-patches/raw/95eca0c72fc7/single_clientlist.patch

Cheers,

Jan Christoph