[dev] Re: rio for linux

From: Sam Watkins <sam_AT_nipl.net>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 15:38:16 +1000

Further to that, I like the idea of a "low security" window system, where
any app can potentially poke pixels to the entire screen but is "advised"
to draw within a certain rectangle. This could benefit performance.
Also, if a window is partly obscured such that its drawable area would
not be a simple rectangle, I'm happy for it to stop updating until it's
on top again. Seriously, who cares about animating obscured windows?
It's not worth the bother to implement that.

For >99% of the programs I run, I have to trust them and assume they are
well behaved. And I am not concerned that the code might be malicious.

Sam