[dev] rio for linux

From: Sam Watkins <sam_AT_nipl.net>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 15:30:00 +1000

I don't love X11, and I'm wondering if anyone has ported or made anything
in the sprit of rio / 9wm to run on top of Linux framebuffer. I realise
rio relies on Plan 9 dynamic namespaces and such, but we might be able to
do something similar on Linux.

Would this be worthwhile, or not?

I know few graphical Linux apps would work on it directly. But we
could run / port a terminal, and also various framebuffer and SDL apps.
Not sure about GL, how to do that sensibly - maybe just support
full-screen. Could also hack up X protocol support for it.

Sam