Re: [dev] rio for linux

From: Henrique Lengler <henriqueleng_AT_openmailbox.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 21:57:12 +0000

Reviving this old thread:

This is the only thread I found talking about have something like rio on Linux

After read Rob Pike documents about rio, and window systems in general, I got
very interested in it.
He talks about how window systems can be less complicated, and he describe a
very interesting design of one. This design is used in rio.
So I'm thinking how something like this be implemented in a normal Linux or BSD.
The three documents that have their links on the footer, have a lot of
information about this design, that I found very interesting.

If the author of the first post continue interested or already did some work, I
would like to know.

What do you guys think?

The documents:
http://doc.cat-v.org/bell_labs/concurrent_window_system/concurrent_window_system.pdf