[dev] misc projects

From: Sylvain BERTRAND <sylware_AT_legeek.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 17:38:25 +0200

Hi,

I may have some projects of interests for people concerned with
suckless.org philosophy:

http://code.google.com/p/charfbuzz/ :
As you may know, the GTK+ stack has a unicode layout engine
called pango, which was made hard dependent on harfbuzz, a c++
component. To keep GTK+ in the C realm and avoid the kludgy c++
realm, I started a C99 port of harfbuzz. This is possible because
harfbuzz has a C API. Without a technically expensive build
system (GNU autotools, cmake...). Very lightly tested.

http://code.google.com/p/cinitramfs/
Another early linux userspace. This one has no dependency above
linux syscalls. Need to port blkid to make it more comfy to use,
and use CPIO text description to avoid being root to create the
early linux userspace filesystem. And that should be enough.
Without a technically expensive build system (GNU autotools,
cmake...). I use it on my systems.

http://code.google.com/p/mudev/
Another fork of libudev, without a technically expensive build
system (GNU autotools, cmake...). I planned to make it dependent
only on linux syscalls (but I have been giving love to other
projects). I use it on my systems.

regards,

--
Sylvain