[dev] Re: portable photoshop-like lite application based on C?

From: Robert Figura <nc-figuraro_AT_netcologne.de>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 10:40:20 +0100

On Mon, 2 Dec 2013 12:00:10 -0500
Calvin Morrison <mutantturkey_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> You can do quite advanced image manipulation with something like ImageMagick.
>
> I actually like prog21.dagum's ideas [0] (no idea who he is), a purely
> functional, non destructive editing program
[...]
> [0] http://prog21.dadgum.com/180.html

Anyone looked at nip2?:
http://www.vips.ecs.soton.ac.uk/index.php?title=Nip2

It's functional all right but i do like that it can handle huge images
and some rather scientific datatypes. It's based on vips which comes
with a commandline interface like ImageMagick...

Sure it'd be nice if it'd actually go through commandline calls to do
it's thing, so one could plug other processing agents. But i guess that
seems to be tricky given vips' design goals.

> Here would be my idea: A scripting window for commands, a graphics
> window which shows the image buffer, and also allows recording of
> mouse actions (as to script functions like select)

Interesting.

- Robert Figura