[dev] [st] Rendering Glitch

From: Eric Pruitt <eric.pruitt_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 21:29:30 -0600

I use st with screen, and I've noticed that when alternating between
windows inside of screen, character attributes are not always restored
properly and I'm hoping someone can help me resolve this because I don't
have much experience with terminal emulation. A minimal test case can
for me can be produced as follows:

1. echo '"This word is mispeeeeellllleedd but these words are not."' > test.py

2. vim test.py

3. Inside of Vim execute ":set spell" if not enabled already.

At this stage, Vim should appear as is shown in the attached
"expected.png" screenshot if you're using an English dictionary.

4. Switch to a another to another window in screen then switch back
(execute the screen commands "next" then "prev").

5. Upon returning to the previous window, the text no longer renders
correctly (see the attached "glitched.png") until I force Vim to refresh
with ^L.

I encounter this problem compiling the git repo tip with no additional
patches while using the config.def.h file. I have also verified that I
have the latest st.info compiled with tic.

Eric

expected.png
(image/png attachment: expected.png)

glitched.png