tabs (was [dev] Re: Article about suckless on root.cz)

From: <stanio_AT_cs.tu-berlin.de>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 18:15:30 +0100

Hi,

This answer by Christoph reminds me of something I wanted to ask:

* Christoph Lohmann 2014-02-17 17:47
> For surf you should mention the following points:
>
> * Integration with tabbed.

I like the generality of the approach -- everithing should be embeddable
the same way in a container with uniform bindings etc. Sounds great. But
I've been entirely missing the point of tabbed ever since.

I mean wmii (later dwm, tiling WMs in general) relieved me of thinking
in terms of tabs because it managed what was unmanagable before. I've
never touched anything with tabs for years now.

Can you guys describe some life-changing use cases? (or point me to
RTF*)

thanks

cheers
--s_