Re: [dev] XML vs HTML (was: Article about suckless on root.cz)

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 13:48:39 +0100

On Fri, 21 Feb 2014 15:35:40 +0100
Eckehard Berns <ecki-suckless_AT_ecki.to> wrote:

> Fair point. For me HTML usually renders as I expected. But that's
> because I do this for over a decade, I guess. If it doesn't it usually
> is because of a misunderstanding in semantics (e.g. the broken
> block-model in IE until 7) and using XML wouldn't change that.

I already addressed that in my previous reply, but please don't mistake
HTML for what actually is CSS's competence.
Of course, if there's a problem with the block-model in CSS (I just
love IE!), changing the markup won't change it (of course).

Discussing XML and SGML just implies the data-structure.

If you like, I could give you an example.

Cheers

FRIGN

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>