Re: [dev] tmux/screen alternative

From: Marc André Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 22:30:17 +0100

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 11:58:36AM +0000, Raphaël Proust wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 11:45 AM, Marc André Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org> wrote:
> > http://repo.or.cz/w/abduco.git
>
> Can you explain why you coded it? What in dtach(1) didn't you like?

To be honest it started out a year ago when I had to do some socket
related programming execercises for my university and thought I could
as well do something which might be useful. I guess I just wanted to
know how it works under the hood. Moreover dtach's source didn't
impress me (if I remember correctly it didn't handle partial
reads/writes). Also it didn't really seem to be actively maintained
(or maybe it is just really stable?). Then there were a few guys
who said they would only switch from tmux to another all BSD style
licensed alternative.

Having said that, abduco certainly isn't perfect either, patches
welcome...

Cheers,
Marc

--