Re: [dev] [ANNOUNCE] dvtm-0.11

From: Marc André Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 12:26:14 +0100

On Sat, Mar 08, 2014 at 10:07:40PM +0100, Sanel Zukan wrote:
> On 03/08/14,Marc André Tanner wrote:
> > * the lock functionality (MOD-X) has been removed, use a session
> > management tool like abduco to detach from your controlling
> > terminal and logout properly using the existing system mechanism.
>
> I'm quite sad to see this. I used lock functionality a lot

In what circumstances? Surely your system provides better screen
lock functionality (for example slock).

> although I prefer UNIX philosophy, I find it overused sometimes.
> dvtm + dtach + abduco + <what-else-in-future> = no wonder why Screen
> will be still around. At least in my toolbox ;)

It is just abduco + dvtm, but since abduco defaults to dvtm when given
no other command to execute this is simplified further. Otherwise
just write a shell script (or use screen if it works for you...)

Cheers,
Marc

--
 Marc André Tanner >< http://www.brain-dump.org/ >< GPG key: CF7D56C0