Re: [dev] suckless distro

From: Sylvain BERTRAND <sylware_AT_legeek.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 17:16:12 +0200

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 01:04:09PM +0200, FRIGN wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 05:30:04 +0200
> Sylvain BERTRAND <sylware_AT_legeek.net> wrote:
>
> > Well, I disagree on that point with Kernighan & Pike (The Unix
> > Programming Environment, pg. 241).
>
> Why do you disagree?
>
> And before you go open a new thread, don't do it! A response is
> sufficient.
>
> I consider this book the UNIX bible and recommend it to anyone
> interested in starting with a un*x-os.
> Also, if you have no points on your matter, don't fear to accept that a
> certain solution can be very handy and way more flexible than writing a
> shell-script instead, especially when it just tries to "emulate" a
> makefile's functionality (like in your case).

I stated my reasons earlier.

Writting books does not make you immune to make technical choices that
could be disagreed by members of the community.
(don't let me start on Stroustrup...)

That's would be too easy...

I was asked to kill all my threads, including all this one.
I'll do it. If you want to know who and why, just ask me off-list.

regards,

--
Sylvain