Re: [dev] Why do you use tmux/screen?

From: hiro <23hiro_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 13:44:49 +0200

I'd rather have the window manager manage all those persistent shell sessions.
But tmux is such a beast that most people use is as their window
manager in a window manager as well. It's a bit kafkaesque to run a
seperate tmux for each shell you open, but those other detach
alternatives don't seem to work as reliable as tmux.

I have a weird annoying mix here: I also use tmux with multiple
windows inside, but e.g. my irc client is in a single screen session