Re: [dev] Graphics library that sucks the least?...

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 17:02:36 -0400

Quoth Calvin Morrison:
> There was at one time a suckless widget system in the works, I don't
> know what happened to that.

swt was the name; pancake was working on it, but got dissuaded by
the lack of interest / contributions. http://git.suckless.org/swk

If someone wanted to pick it up, that'd be nice.

> in terms of code, GTK sucks, but GTK has a C API so it in my mind
> beats Qt and isn't much of a hassle to use , and is more portable than
> writing directly on top of xlib or what have you.

Have you actually used the GTK api? Because GObject is just as
unpleasant to use as C++ in my experience (not that I've used it
much). I read this about the GTK API recently, from a developer of
Gnumeric: http://blogs.gnome.org/mortenw/2014/06/23/how-does-one-create-a-gtk-application/