Re: [dev] Re: [dvtm] Focus by id instead of order

From: Marc André Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 18:43:55 +0200

On Mon, Sep 08, 2014 at 09:31:41AM -0300, Amadeus Folego wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 08, 2014 at 02:24:38PM +0200, FRIGN wrote:
> > The question is: Does your patch fix the behaviour
> > in your eyes?
>
> Yes, mostly.
>
> I must ask it because it may be this way by design, I don't
> know why, though.

I agree that the behaviour of focusn doesn't make much sense for
scripting purposes via the fifo.

It was designed that way because Mod+n should always focus the n-th
window, i.e. the one with #n in the title, in the current layout.

For scripting purposes your version makes perfect sense. Depending on
whether you also use the Mod+n functionality you might want to duplicate
the function instead of modifying focusn directly.

Are your changes / scripting commands online somewhere?

Marc

--
 Marc André Tanner >< http://www.brain-dump.org/ >< GPG key: CF7D56C0