Re: [dev] A new FIFO based tox client

From: Lee Fallat <ircsurfer33_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 18:28:55 -0400

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 6:21 PM, Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk> wrote:
> The sort of dwm / X client I'm imagining would have a separate
> program for contact list, and for each "conversation" (one window
> split into input box and output). The contact list could just spawn
> the conversation windows, or they could be spawned independently
> with the name of the contact. 'cos ratox is handling all of the hard
> stuff, windows can be closed / opened / have multiple copies without
> worrying about state or anything.
>
> How does that sound? I'm tempted to hack something together, so
> feedback would be very welcome.
>
> Nick

I totally agree with this. Using Python or your quick prototyping
language of choice, you could have a UI in a night. Perhaps there
needs to be something a little more generic, at least when we actually
get to the FIFO part. Since we have a few FIFO communications programs
(like ii) maybe a program that can take in/out files as parameters and
creates a window would be beneficial.

Obviously one portable solution would be to use GTK+C, but choose what you will.

Regards,

Lee