Re: [dev] [sbase] expr

From: <k0ga_AT_shike2.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2014 08:43:51 +0100

> I am personally not opposed to using yacc. Yeah I like hand-rolled
> recursive descent parsers are cool but yacc is a standard tool that
> most people are familiar with.
>
> Roberto, what do you think?

I agree with you. I think yacc is a suckless tool, and I am sure we will
have to use it for awk (we will have to implement it some day), but
I also agree that in this case is too much. A recursive descendant
parser for expr is pretty simple.

I think we can take it, because it is better to have a version made
by us. If we have time/interest in the future then we can change
the yacc parser to a recursive one.

Regards,