Re: [dev] suckless assembly at 31C3

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 22:25:31 +0100

On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 22:17:10 +0100
younix <j.klemkow_AT_wemelug.de> wrote:

Hey Jan,

> I will be at the Chaos Communication Congress like every year. I think
> about to register an assembly for the suckless community this year.

This is a great idea!

> If you are want to come to the 31C3 and also be a part of the suckless
> community there, please reply on this mail. I need to know how many
> people will be there, so I can reserve appropriate space for our
> assembly. At the moment, I plan to reserve a table, chairs, power
> supply and network.

Well, I plan on being there, but I'm not sure if I'll stay for the whole
congress. Nevertheless, if enough people also are there, we might think
about renting a whole room in a youth hostel or sth for all suckless
members. In the long run, this would be cheaper and more "teamy".

> Like every year, I will be an angle at the congress in general. I will
> be there a few days before day 1 to help to build up the congress. If
> someone wants to bring some special equipment and need some extra
> infrastructure, just tell me. I will try to organize it. During the
> congress I want to code on some (suckless :-) software of mine.
>
> I know the Congress becomes more and more political, but there are still
> people like us, who are interested in hacking/using good old software
> with UNIX in mind.

Politics are not bad per se, but there's a limit to when politics actually
inhibit development.
Development however constitutes influence in the long run, making it a
vicious circle.

> I will register the assembly in the next weeks, at least at the 1st
> December, If there are some interested people here in the community.

Doo eet!

Cheers

FRIGN

--