Re: [dev] [website] [proposal] Add suckless logo and minor style change

From: Troy Sankey <sankeytms_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 15:14:50 -0500

On 2015-02-01 14:20:37 -0500, FRIGN wrote:
> Good evening,
>
> looking at suckless.org, it's almost too bad the well-designed
> suckless-'S' only exists as a favicon.
> The motivation to bring the logo in more prominently is that
> people remember images even better than names, and getting
> attention in regard to current issues in computing is always
> a good thing, getting people more interested in what suckless
> reall is.
> So I sat down this afternoon, made a vectorized version of
> the logo and made up my mind on how to include it into suckless.org.
>
> You can view the result here[0], open for discussion obviously.

I like the logo itself, but I dislike the placement of the logo. I
think it makes the header look like "Ssuckless.org". At the very least,
I would adjust the margins of the logo, such as in [0]. You may even
consider placement on the right side [1].

> 1) Give the heading "suckless.org" a blue color
> 2) Make the subheading a bit lighter
> 3) Remove the text-shadow and italics in the header
> 4) Remove italics from active links
> 5) Give headings in the content a slightly lighter black

I like your changes there too, it makes everything simple and
consistent. For #2, do you mean darker, not lighter?

Troy

[0] <http://sankey.info/rand/suckless_org_proposal_sankey_0.png>
[1] <http://sankey.info/rand/suckless_org_proposal_sankey_1.png>