Re: [dev] [website] [proposal] Add suckless logo and minor style change

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2015 21:49:40 +0100

On Sun, 1 Feb 2015 21:45:59 +0100
Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de> wrote:

> I do not think the current design sucks at all. It's functional, clear and has
> an easy to grasp structure. If you don't dig the css, you can easily adapt it,
> it's pretty clear also.

I agree with you here. It's semantically correct and the structure is good.
However, I think what prototype meant is in regard to the use of imagery on the
site, which could be improved (and which I'm trying to adress here a bit).
Also, I would not take his statement too literally, as it was more or less a
funny remark in our "suckless" terms. ;)

> A much bigger problem I see is swerc, which still has not been modified to
> statically generate the page[0] (I think I reported this more than a year ago...).
> Every pageload is rendered live, although there are no elements, which need that
> and the pages could easily be rendered to static html. So don't bikeshed too
> much until this is fixed.

Yes, this is a good point! If I wasn't occupied with sbase and exams currently,
I'd look at the issue.

Cheers

FRIGN

--