Re: [dev] [st] crash on font resize (patch inside)

From: Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 17:55:47 +0100

Heyho,

k0ga_AT_shike2.com wrote:
> It doesn't need it. Backslash escapes newlines, but in this case is not needed
> because two strings together are joined. They are put only because it's part
> of the style used by the original author of st.

This is very inconsistent, because the first linebreak uses the backslash and
the second one directly following it does not use it. I think the first one
should be removed.

> This way of writing usage() is common, because it is called when an error in
> arguments is detected or when the user interactively ask for it, and in this
> last case the return value is not important because it is not going to be
> executed in any script where the return value is important.

This can easily be solved by not calling die() from usage() but the other way
around. usage() only prints the info and does not exit anything. die() calls
usage and then exits accordingly. I mostly see it done this way.

--Markus