Re: [dev] Suckless web rendering engine

From: Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 19:20:36 +0100

Eric Pruitt wrote:
> Is such a thing even possible? I can't imagine there being a web rendering
> engine that this community would consider suckless that would also be useful
> for day-to-day web browsing.

Heyho,

imho you can either have a suckless „rendering“ engine aka html2text or just
some script that filters out the code and only outputs the content.

Or you can have a suckless interface to the (inevitably sucking) web. This would
be something using blink or gecko (webkit lacks too far behind and I noticed a
few regressions lately) with a surf-like user interface. Funny thing I started
coding such a thing recently, but it's not yet ready to be announced on this
list…

--Markus