[dev] [st] Strange behaviour with bitmap font

From: Wander Nauta <info_AT_wandernauta.nl>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 19:12:01 +0100

Hey all,

I'm trying to use Terminus with st, but when I start it it immediately
begins to show graphical glitches. The corruption then spreads to
other instances of st, and also to instances of xterm, at which point
st renames itself to 'broken'. The effect is rather cool to look at,
but I'd rather have it be optional.

https://i.imgur.com/0rt5vEc.png
https://i.imgur.com/b4CmiJT.png
https://i.imgur.com/kXY1jQX.png

This is pretty much stock st, with solarized patches, on an Arch
machine, under dwm, with an nvidia card and nouveau if that makes any
difference. For what it's worth, I can only reproduce it on this
machine (that is, with nouveau). A byte-for-byte identical copy of st
under the same dwm but an Intel graphics chip seems to work fine.

Any hints as to what might be going on here?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Wander