Re: [dev] [st] Strange behaviour with bitmap font

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 21:13:19 +0100

On Tue, 24 Feb 2015 19:12:01 +0100
Wander Nauta <info_AT_wandernauta.nl> wrote:

Hey Wander,

> I'm trying to use Terminus with st, but when I start it it immediately
> begins to show graphical glitches. The corruption then spreads to
> other instances of st, and also to instances of xterm, at which point
> st renames itself to 'broken'. The effect is rather cool to look at,
> but I'd rather have it be optional.
>
> https://i.imgur.com/0rt5vEc.png
> https://i.imgur.com/b4CmiJT.png
> https://i.imgur.com/kXY1jQX.png

this actually strongly reminds me of Tron 1982 :D Very cool 3D-Effect!
Maybe Kevin Flynn just took too much acid and watched the glitching
st for too long.

> This is pretty much stock st, with solarized patches, on an Arch
> machine, under dwm, with an nvidia card and nouveau if that makes any
> difference. For what it's worth, I can only reproduce it on this
> machine (that is, with nouveau). A byte-for-byte identical copy of st
> under the same dwm but an Intel graphics chip seems to work fine.

I have to agree with the others here: This really looks like an issue
with you graphics-driver.
Nothing can be done here from our side.

Cheers

FRIGN