Re: [dev][dwm] Systray and hipchat

From: Yury Shvedov <shved_AT_lvk.cs.msu.su>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 23:09:00 +0300

Lol! This is the solution too but it is really kludge and I think you
gave up too early. I solved up the issue with hipchat. I found out that
hipchat unmapping its icon right after creation. From the unmap_notify()
function at stalontray/src/main.c:665

         /* KLUDGE! sometimes icons occasionally
          * unmap their windows, but do _not_ destroy
          * them. We map those windows back */
         XMapRaised(tray_data.dpy, ti->wid);

This is the kludge too, but it is the only known way to handle such
buggy applications.
So, we solve two of three problems with dwm's systray. I'll check last
one tomorrow.

--
Kind regards
Yury Shvedov