Re: [dev] Re: Mailing lists sucks.

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 11:35:27 +0100

On Sun, 13 Dec 2015 10:29:02 +0000 (UTC)
Black Rider <softwareworks_AT_use.startmail.com> wrote:

> In a regular mailing list, you are sent 100% of the traffic the mailing
> list gets. That is bad news for your INBOX storage limits. You can use
> smart filtering and scheduled INBOX cleanup, but the fact you are using
> tools for solving a problem is proof that a problem is there.

No, it's proof that you don't understand how to deal with IMAP. And
regarding size: My _entire_ suckless inbox which reaches back nearly
two years is only 68M, which is a joke.
I'm sure Google doesn't want to have 68M stored on their servers, so
that's why your inbox fills up. You don't want old mails to sync anyway,
so make backups or use POP3 for strict archiving, or run your own
bloody mailserver. :P

Cheers

FRIGN

--