Re: [dev] [surf] Switching to webkit2 as default

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 12:50:08 +0000

Quoth FRIGN:
> On Fri, 5 Feb 2016 11:52:54 +0100
> Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de> wrote:
> > You don't have to build CEF yourself, you can just use the
> > binaries provided by google if you trust them.

That's good to know, thanks, I may play with it. It is important to
me that I can rebuild everything on my system, but for working on
development stuff using the google binaries would be useful given
the tough build requirements, (which I'd have to ship off to some
server somewhere).

> Given the low-level graphical stuff, we "may" have to look into
> OpenGL.

Which would have the additional advantage of working natively in
wayland, which I know isn't that interesting these days, but still a
nice thing to support.

Nick