[dev] Re: Linux distros that don't suck too too much

From: Rubén Llorente <porting_AT_use.startmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 17:55:56 +0000 (UTC)

hiro <23hiro_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>> of the easy to use software. The only way a computer-illiterate is going
>> to be able to use a computer properly is by educating herself or by
>> hiring somebody to do the administration.
>
> I disagree about that part.
> My "literate" computer usage is nothing i'm very proud of. I regret it even.

Let's break it down to logic.

If a user does not know how to use a complex tool, he is not able
to use it properly (1)

The only way to know how to use a complex tool is by learning how
to use it (2)

Computers are complex tools. Therefore, if you don't know how to use
it, you won't be able to use it properly and the only way to use it is
by learing how to use it.

Any claims that somebody without prior knowledge of computers can use
one properly without any education on the matter is only valid if you
think (1) is invalid or that computers are not complex tools. Since
negating any of those points is an absurd, then any claim that
somebody without knownledge of the field can use the computer is an
absurd too.

The reason many people does not regard activities performed with
computers as "complex" in the modern age is because they have been
exposed to them long enough to learn how to use them up to some point.
It is worth noticing that people with actually zero exposition to
computers - like old people in rural isolated areas - is not able to
create an email account or launch a preinstalled game without a great
effort (which counts as learning experience).

--
OpenPGP Key Fingerprint:
BB5A C2A2 2CAD ACB7 D50D  C081 1DB9 6FC4 5AB7 92FA