Re: [dev] Re: Linux distros that don't suck too too much

From: hiro <23hiro_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 22:07:13 +0200

> Let's break it down to logic.
way too start... WTF

> If a user does not know how to use a complex tool, he is not able
> to use it properly (1)

I think this is a marvel piece of symmetry, and it works BOTH WAYS, genius:
if someone doesn't know how to use X properly he doesn't know how to
use this complex X (*34.4a).

wow, logical.

> The only way to know how to use a complex tool is by learning how
> to use it (2)

The only way to learn something about X is by using X. Hmm, if the
opposite is true will it rain tomorrow?

> Computers are complex tools.

Like your mom?

> Therefore, if you don't know how to use
> it, you won't be able to use it properly and the only way to use it is
> by learing how to use it.

I heard this somewhere. But she learned faster, I wish you were more like her.

> Any claims that somebody without prior knowledge of computers can use
> one properly without any education on the matter is only valid if you
> think (1) is invalid or that computers are not complex tools. Since
> negating any of those points is an absurd, then any claim that
> somebody without knownledge of the field can use the computer is an
> absurd too.

Sorry, I don't understand such complex logic without medication.

> The reason many people does not regard activities performed with
> computers as "complex" in the modern age is because they have been
> exposed to them long enough to learn how to use them up to some point.
> It is worth noticing that people with actually zero exposition to
> computers - like old people in rural isolated areas - is not able to
> create an email account or launch a preinstalled game without a great
> effort (which counts as learning experience).

kid, i think you're imagining some place in the future where you
actually figured out how to do something useful with a computer. i can
assure you the time will never come, however much you're trying to
learn. because you will get distracted by your bullshit logical
insight.