Re: [dev] [slock] PAM support

From: Eric Pruitt <eric.pruitt_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 15:58:02 -0700

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 09:51:08PM +0200, Jan Christoph Ebersbach wrote:
> > On the system I'm using that relies on PAM, my account doesn't have an
> > entry in the local /etc/passwd file. Disabling getpw and related bits
> > makes the patch work for me.
>
> I fixed the issue and moved the getpw code to an ifdef.

I see you moved the HAVE_BSD_AUTH check, but I don't understand how this
is supposed to resolve the issue I had -- the machine I'm using is a
Linux machine. The getuid(3) and getpwuid(3) functions work fine because
they're implemented in glibc which supports NSS. The problem is the
"getpw" (which calls getspnam(3)) function which fails with "cannot
retrieve shadow entry."

Eric