Re: [dev] [ST] scroll patch build failure [Really SOLVED]

From: Nick Warne <nick_AT_linicks.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 17:39:28 +0100

On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 17:09:36 +0100
Nick Warne <nick_AT_linicks.net> wrote:

> I am not getting much luck here (do _I_ suck?) :(
>
> dwm and st work great so far and I am well impressed and happy; but
> any patches I apply either fail:
>
> http://lists.suckless.org/dev/1609/30448.html
>
> (I have since tried git versions, and it fails to build - but more
> later, that is on the back-burner for a mo)
>
> ...or get build errors:
>
> apply the patch to st for scrollback. Latest git
> and latest diff. Patches fine.
>
> > make
>
> st.c:337:12: error: ‘histsize’ undeclared here (not in a function)
> Line hist[histsize]; /* history buffer */
>
> I have read through the code several times for about an hour, but
> can't work out what is going on?

OK, working on the scrollback X crash problem, I found out what is going
on here for the record.

Get git st, build it, install it. Now get the scrollback patch, apply,
and build.

Then the build error hapens, as you already have a config.h that is not
updated from config.mk.

rm config.h, and it builds fine from scratch. make clean doesn't
remove config.h (should it?).

Nick
--
"Gosh that takes me back... or is it forward?  That's the trouble with
time travel, you never can tell."