[dev] sbase installed first impressions

From: stephen Turner <stephen.n.turner_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 17:23:50 -0400

Background first. I'm running a simple kernel, busybox, make, pcc,
musl, binutils (patched for ash) environment. Its run from ram so i
can trash the environment as many times as i care to reboot. That
being said I decided to install suckless in place allowing it to
overwrite the busybox links just for kicks. So far just sbase was
installed.

I had to tweak the config.mk (expected i assume?)
PREFIX=/
MANPREFIX=/usr/local/share/man (keeping with suckless default here,
removed variable)
CC=pcc
LDFLAGS= (removed -s as it was not supported)

It compiled and installed faster than expected but then the code was
smaller than expected too, very impressive size! Immediately i decided
to check and see if it overwrote the busybox links and it did but i
also noticed there is no color or column views? Reviewing the Readme
shows that color isn't listed as one of the removed features just fyi
unless it has a short hand from --color that i didn't know.

I have never had ls without color or column included (i'm spoiled) and
google isn't being overly helpful at the moment. I found the cols
command and ls | cols solved that so i can just create an alias, what
about getting color? Is there a suckless solution?

I see a few items have the -i removed, I can't say i use the
interactive mode but i assume you removed it due to redundancy and so
i'm curious how you would normally do that the suckless way.

Otherwise i haven't used it much but seems to be just as expected, a
gnu comparable cli. I need to update my scripts and then i will start
using this instead of busybox.