Re: [dev] [ st ] - 'visudo' has strange effect

From: Martin Kühne <mysatyre_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 19:27:31 +0100

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 6:34 PM, Mohammed Zohaib Ali Khan
<zakkstar_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Quentin,
>
> Thank you for the response. I also discovered that the problem is with
> running 'vi' in st, as I have noticed 'vim' runs properly in st.
>
> Thinking that the problem is due to terminfo not installed correctly,
> if you could let me know how to correctly install terminfo, it would
> be great, as being a beginner I am not aware of how it could be done
> :)

There's an invocation of tic(1M) in the install target of st's
Makefile. It installs st and variants to a place it sees fit in your
system, like /usr/lib/terminfo, or home directory. As you were
consistently mute about your system and the environment in which
programs fail on st for you, it would be *a lot* of work telling you
what exactly to do for each system where st can be expected to work
on. There are probably many.

Btw, please avoid top-posting around here.

cheers!
mar77i