Re: [dev] [surf] Webkit2 with proxy server

From: Teodoro Santoni <asbrasbra_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2016 22:03:51 +0000

Hi Laslo,

>> Anything else can be solved by finding your way into scraping the
>> website and building a proxy that sends you a very simplified version
>> of it at your w3m, links, lynx, dillo, mosaic or shell script.
>> It isn't easier and should be packed into a standard distribution,
>> but it isn't all that much of an enigma.
>
> Never go full Stallman.

I'm just lazy, like very lazy, and the youtube-dl model looks appealing
to me: trusting someone dedicated to a naked representation
of a single website, not doing the scraper yourself... I although know
well that a package manager or a single standard distrib leads
to drawbacks like dbus, keith packard and the funny story of lpad
on npm (node devs deserved it in full!) [0].

[0] http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/03/23/npm_left_pad_chaos/