Re: [dev] Interesting Web Browser Decoupling Concept

From: <sylvain.bertrand_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 15:49:04 +0000

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 02:06:30PM +0200, Laslo Hunhold wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jun 2017 09:53:07 +0000
> sylvain.bertrand_AT_gmail.com wrote:
>
> Dear Sylvain,
>
> > openbsd is as shitty as linux and their security thingy is just
> > bullshit.
>
> are you serious? LibreSSL is proof enough that OpenBSD's approach is
> probably the sanest for a general solution.
> Not to go too OT, but the one-system-approach we find with OpenBSD is
> probably the best in the long term. I won't dare to imagine how many
> man-years have been wasted to keep the different Linux distributions up
> and running instead of concentrating the efforts into one solution.

When people are using the word "openbsd", it does designate the kernel project.
Not the userland projects.

Regarding the libreSSL project, heard it's less worse than openSSL. Usually my
network crypto enabled software uses gnutls, not *SSL code. gnutls uses
"nettle" as its crypto engine. Wonder when libreSSL will split their crypto
engine from their network engine: if it's already done, what the name of their
crypto engine?

--
Sylvain