[dev] Re: Some suckless hackathon 2017 preparation

From: Silvan Jegen <s.jegen_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 20:11:01 +0200

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 8:07 PM, Silvan Jegen <s.jegen_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Heyho
>
> On Sun, Jul 23, 2017 at 02:39:45PM +0200, Silvan Jegen wrote:
>> Let people know which projects you are interested to work on and feel
>> free to discuss goals for them! I will do a tally of people interested
>> in working on projects after a few weeks.
>
> As promised, here is very short tally:
>
> Cluster i)
>
> * drop sandy
> * quark
> * swerc
>

> Cluster ii)
>
> * Write ld wrapper or replacement for static linking
> * stali
> * 9base
> * nldev
> * sbase
> * sdhcp
> * sinit
> * smdev
> * ubase
>

> Cluster iii)
>
> * Write a decent bug and issue tracking system
> * Write a decent mailing list Web archive system
> * Write a patchwork alternative?
>
> * me
>
> Cluster iv)
>
> * Wayland dwm prototype?
> * Wayland sent prototype?
> * Wayland surf prototype?
> * Suckless Wayland client library prototype?
> * ?
>
> * Laslo

I was too hasty when sending this tally and had actually not finished
it yet. Seeing that there were not that many people voicing their
interest in the first place, I don't think a tally is really
necessary. We can just see when the event starts how people will form
interest groups.

I am looking forward to seeing you there!

Cheers,

Silvan