Re: [dev] [surf] [patch] Optionally handle downloads through webkit.

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 11:54:22 +0000

Quoth v4hn:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 08:54:34PM +0000, Nick wrote:
> > I wonder whether it would be best to move to webkit handling
> > downloads itself, like this, albeit with a basic user interface.
>
> This is not a new thought.
> Five years ago people thought it a bad idea.
>
> https://lists.suckless.org/dev/1301/14371.html

Yeah, I remember that, vaguely. But times have changed. Like
Quentin, I have definitely found times that surf downloads have
failed through curl, while they work in alternative browsers. surf
will always have more suck than we'd like, because of the
architecture of the web. May as well at least have it handle as much
as possible of that web correctly.