Re: [dev] [surf] [patch] Optionally handle downloads through webkit.

From: Arturo Espinosa <arturoea_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 10:09:45 -0600

I think the most ellegant solution would be to develop a download
manager and establish a small, pipe-driven protocol to expose download
handling. This way, you can choose to use the suckless download
manager, or make your own shell script, or even use none at all (which
is what would work for our kiosk software).

Think for example the way whiptail --gauge progress bars work;
something like that, but with a few more message types.
https://linux.die.net/man/1/whiptail