Re: [dev] [st] How to make it distinguish Control-p from Control-P?

From: Martin Tournoij <martin_AT_arp242.net>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 16:20:58 +0100

On Wed, May 16, 2018, at 15:49, Daniel Vartanov wrote:
> Currently st does not tell ^p from ^P (any letter goes here, "P" is
> here only as an example).
> Is there way to make Contol-sequences case sensitive?

That's not really how terminals work. Terminals are text driven and
communication happens by sending ASCII codes.

^P is 0x10 in ASCII. There is no code for ^p (lower-case). More advanced
sequences (like arrow keys, Home, F keys, etc.) are done by sending the
escape key (0x1b) followed by several more characters.

I don't think there is any terminal emulator that allows separating ^P
from ^p?