Re: [dev] ASCII Delimited Text

From: Adrian Grigore <adrian.emil.grigore_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 19:51:19 +0300

> This is a surprise. Where did you get usul from? I'm not sure even I
have a copy any more! The only reason I can think of, though, is that
you need to specify the -L libdir.

Attachment above. :)

cc -lutf -L. -o cat cat.o util.o gives:

cat.o: In function `main':
cat.c:(.text+0x179): undefined reference to `chartorune'
cat.c:(.text+0x1dd): undefined reference to `runetochar'
cc: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I have libutf.a in the current directory.

I can't event compile this:
#include <utf.h>

int
main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
Rune r;
chartorune(&r, "");
return 0;
}

with
cc -L. -lutf -o utf utf.c
getting
/tmp/utf-1e880d.o: In function `main':
utf.c:(.text+0x33): undefined reference to `chartorune'
cc: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

> I did also write a program to complement usul which performs elastic
tabbing on its input, the idea being that you end up with a nice
tabular view in your terminal. I think ideally you might want 'real'
terminal support for it though, as when printing to the tty you either
need to buffer a lot of data (i.e. until a line with no FS), or you
need to do crazy tty-rewriting ANSI escapes, which it did support but
is a massive hack.

This sounds interesting.

--
Thanks,