Re: [dev] [st] solarized light patch colors incorrect

From: David Demelier <markand_AT_malikania.fr>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 22:19:55 +0200

On Fri, 2018-09-07 at 19:39 +0200, Quentin Rameau wrote:
> I say that bug reports should be accompagned with a patch (yes
> please).

Quentin, I agree that patches are welcome, for the colors I understand
that is a easy issue that could be fixed by any newcomer.

However, not everybody can fix everything. For example, I use dwm but
if I find a bug within I'm pretty sure I'll unable to fix it (example I
remember the old SDL issue regarding fullscreen), mostly because I
don't know X11 libraries not because I would not do it. So I think we
can't just ask everyone to provide a patch every single time they
encounter a bug.

Everybody make mistakes and errors and asking others to fix them for
you is a bit rude IMHO. It's like:

- I have found a very small bug in your application
- Just fix it yourself, it's my mistake but it's only you that want it
to be fixed.

Regards,

--
David