[dev] Re: [slock] Need help working on the project

From: Enan Ajmain <3nan.ajmain_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 09:33:49 +0600

Hi,

I don't know if I am allowed to reply to this email, but I thought I
should make things clear if that would make the problem more suitable
for you guys to understand.

The executable, slock, needs suid of root to be run. That's why I
can't just put a `sudo` before `./slock` and run the program. If I do,
then I get "Make sure to suid or sgid slock." So, I change the owner
of the executable to root user and add suid file permissions. But this
whole thing is not very efficient. I have to edit, make, change the
owner, change the permission and test the executable. There must be a
standard procedure to deal with these situations that I don't know
yet. I have reached out to some people who advised me to just work on
a root level environment for the whole process.

I hope this helps make things easier to understand and help me find
out some solutions.

Thanks,
Enan